Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Gregory's First Day of Hockey!


So he was very nervous and excited to start hockey! He did not want to practice before hand because this "Little Pucks" league is set up to teach all the skills. I felt so bad for him when he was the only little guy out there who couldn't skate at least a little bit :(

Poor little guy couldn't even stand up on his own! He had to yell and wave his arms around to get someone'e attention to help him up. This boy helped him skate around and start to get the feel of it all.

Then, this dad came and took over and Gregory really started to get the hang of things! He learned how to get up and stand balance a bit.

Here he is making some progress! I must admit I thought he was going to hate me because there were about 60 kids in K/1 grade and they were skating circles around him! I thought for sure he would never want to go back, but he did keep trying and when the practice was over, the first thing he said was he wanted to go home and practice. I was so relieved that he was not discouraged enough to quit already. I took pics of all the other boys falling to show him he wasn't the only one, but when I told him, he said, "I know! I saw them all falling!" As a mom you just want things to work out for your kids because you never want them to feel any pain. I felt lost when he was having so much trouble, but I am happy that he wishes to keep practicing! If I wasn't so huge, I would put on my skates and join him out there!! The next practice is on Wednesday, so I am excited to see how that goes!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Do not ever tell this story to me again when I have baby blues that you didn't know about! I bawled my head off for hims. I'm so happy his little heart was ok afterwards.

Troop 50412 said...

That is so cool he is playing Hockey. I am sure he will be whipping around the rink in no time.