
Well, my bags are packed!

I built the stroller and carseat and washed her "come home" outfit!

I built the bouncer (and Alli put her baby and rattle in it)!

I made a shadow box of some belly pics (I have some really awesome ones to come as well, these are the cheapies, but still cute. I spoiled myself on the expensive ones, too :) )

I hung the letters

I finally got a lamp!

I put it all together

And realized I have more shelves than things to put on them. I am sure they will fill up over time.

All in all, I am ready for Samantha's arrival :)! This is the first time I made a nursery and got prepared, so it feels great to be ready to walk back in with tiny Samantha at any time now. Though there is still tons of empty wall space, I have plans for my professional belly shots and some other wall decs in the near future; BUT, this is as ready as I can possibly be! I feel amazing knowing that I put it all together and I am ready for my sweet new baby! Now the only thing I have to stress about in the meantime is school, but I am doing my best to stay on top of that as best as possible. That and being at work everyday are the only difficult parts of my life. I have learned to let stress roll off as much as possible and just enjoy the last movements of her in my belly since this could quite possibly be the last time I am pregnant. I do not want to let ANYTHING get to me and my last enjoyable moments of this...it is almost surreal! For those of you who have had this experience, you can understand these maternal instincts that flood your system and make every moment enjoyable and you go into this protective mode. I feel happy! I feel blessed! I am enjoying my last few days of just Gregory and I, and I am preparing to welcome my new baby daughter. I am not naive that it is going to be hard work and significant changes, but for now it is one day at a time and relishing in these emotions that overwhelm me.
3 comments:
The room is super cute !
I can't believe you did that all by yourself!! Crazy girl! The room is even better in person and perfect for one tiny princess!!
Thanks! Rich built the dresser, so I can't take all the credit....but everything else is me :)
Post a Comment