Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hi! How is everyone? Well, once again I am procrastinating on my paper that is due on Monday...I am just so over it and I want to be done with school! I can't wait...only three classes left; but, it doesn't change the fact that this is soooo much work and with all the kids here for the summer, school seems to be the last thing on my mind. Ugh, almost done though, November 16 is the big day so I am just counting them down. So what else is new with me??? I am currently watching Mamma Mia and I am not liking it very much...the play was much better! Sammie and Richie are asleep and Nicole, Reed, and Gregory are up in Estes Park with their grandpa, Uncle Bob, and Papa Bill having a blast! I took Richie to Aspen last night for his bday and we had such a great time; but, we realized how old we are getting. Instead of being up, drinking, checking out the nightlife, we had one glass of wine each, put our baby to bed, and watched a movie and were asleep by 10:30! Times sure are a'changin! Tomorrow I will be spending the entire day writing this last paper for this class on how culture impacts the environment in the workplace. Very interesting class and I am still maintaining my 4.0 GPA, which is very exciting! I have been studying so hard and I am so grateful to be "making the grade!"

Next week promises to be a busy one once again! Wednesday Sammie has her two month appointment and the time has come to decide if I will be giving her the first round of shots. This is one of those controversial decisions that I have just a few more days to make. GRRRR. Gregory also has his 7 year physical! I can't believe he is already going to be 7! My little baby is growing up so quickly and he continues to be the joy of my life. He is so animated and so full of curiosity and I enjoy spending every minute possible with him....even if going from being an only child to a brother of three has been a little challenging on him. We will also head to story time at the library (which is my new favorite place). The kiddos are all enrolled in the Summer Reading Program and it is called, "Read to a Moose." They have to read for twelve hours and then they turn in their log and receive a stuffed Moose. Nicole has already read 7 books since she has been here and is, of course, the first to receive her Moose. They boys are trying to catch up but they just do not have the same desire to read as she does. On Thursday, Nicole and Reed are going to the library for some magic and science fun (again my favorite place)! Also on Thursday, we will head to the movie theatre for the free movie of the week! Sunday is Gregory's birthday party and then our busy week starts all over again! Phew! I am sure keeping these kids busy, but most of all, I am enjoying being the best mommy and wife I can possibly be!

I get to fly home to LA with Reed and Nicole at the end of July and I will be very anxious to see all my friends and to introduce Samantha to them all! I have never flown with an infant before, but I am definitely up to the challenge! Seeing my friends, eating at my favorite restaurants, getting my hair done, and showing off my beautiful baby....so exciting!

Anyhow, I guess I better get some sleep so that I can get through my paper tomorrow!

Love to all!

Laura

No comments: