Thursday, March 12, 2009

Random

After reading jamie's post about people feeling compelled to blog, I feel a little better knowing that not being the coolest blogger on the block is OKAY! I am still jealous...esp at Kristin who does something new nearly everyday to keep us informed of her life with Wayne and Hunter!

Anyhow, Here are some random things going on in my so-called-life these days...

February brought about Valentine's Day, a lovely day at the aquarium, childbirth education classes, and the most depressing birthday of my life. I can't really blame anyone but myself, after all, I am the one who chose to move away. This was the first year I only got three phone calls (besides my mom and sisters) and two cards. I am old now, so things like this shouldn't bother me; yet, it did. It makes me realize that maybe I don't need to try so hard to be a good friend that remembers important information about the people I love. For example, my friends got married, maybe 4-5 years ago (ok, i don't know that) and I just heard their wedding song on the radio and it made me think of them. I wonder if any of my friends know what my wedding song is?? I wish my mind didn't remember all the details of everyone else's life, because then I wouldn't take it personally when they don't remember mine. Okay....I am being depressing~ Rich did book a lovely hotel room, an expensive one in fact! Had rose petals all over the floor and a lovely bubble bath! I even drank my first glass of wine since early September, and boy was that worth it!! So thanks to my Hubby for pulling through and making my Bday evening a great one in the end!

Gregory is nearing the end of first grade and I am happy to say that he is finally catching on to reading! It has been such a challenge for him to learn and though he is still not the best reader in his class, he is making great progress! He continues to be the funniest person I know and I love listening to the dramatic ideas he has floating around in his head! He tells me about how they either play transformers or chase girls during recess and each conversation is filled with numerous sound effects: Light-sabers, guns, explosions...you name it, he has got a sound effect for it! His vocabulary is amazing and the things he says to Rich and I just blow us away! Often he speaks more intelligently than we do! He is the pure sunshine of my life and the highlight of my day! I am so looking forward to sharing the summer days with him!

When Gregory is not chatting up a storm, he is completely zoned out on the computer game World of Warcraft! Yes, I have officially lost my husband and son to a video game that they cannot get enough of! I try not to let it drive me crazy, but the truth is, it does! It is discouraging to know that they would rather pay attention to a computer screen and talk to all the other Cyber-DORKS then cuddle with me on the couch. Oh well, I am probably over reacting because I am 7 months pregnant! .....nahhhhhhhhh!

I am just a week away from the time I had Gregory 9 weeks early! They have been monitoring me very well and we don't anticipate an early arrival of Sammie Jo, so everyone pray for that!

Speaking of Samantha, she is wiggling around like an alien in there! Sometimes her jolts are so forceful, my entire body moves along with her! I am enjoying this pregnancy, but I am nervous about the end. I will be home with four kids all summer and I hope not to lose my marbles (though I think they were lost a while ago)!

Rich got a promotion at work so we are very excited about that! CONGRATULATIONS Hunner! We are having a small celebration next week so that should be nice!

Rich will be in LA this weekend visiting friends and our two other munchkins, Nicole and Reed! They are looking forward to seeing their daddy and it should be a good time for them. I am staying home with my little boy and loving him up as much as possible! His days as an only child are limited...about 74 to be exact! I also am looking forward to Sunday which is a spa day for me, Audrey, and my mom! That should be a nice treat! That and trying to make progress on the nursery are my official plans for the weekend! Should be nice!

Oh, i watched Changeling on Monday night during my fit of INSOMNIA! Great movie! very sad! I watched all 2.5 hours of it and thought it was great! Last night I was sooooooo tired; yet, could not SLEEP! I wanted to get up and watch something, but I kept telling myself if I just laid there a little bit longer, I would fall asleep.....Never happened! As the night progresses, I find myself enraged at my husband who makes it known with each and every breath he takes that he is quite sound asleep! I roll over and glare at him, but he is unaware! Maybe if I punch him, he will wake up and be miserable too! Is that going over board?

Alright, in reality, I am merely procrastinating on my studies and should really get to work! I am swamped these days and I continually avoid catching up!

Have a great day!

~L~

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Lost in This Moment by Big & Rich. Danced twice b/c your feelings were hurt. And I can't think of anyone who is as good of a friend as you are!! xo

Kristin said...

Audrey beat me.... I love that song ! I know I am a crazy blogger, but I have a good excuse my husband works PM shift (2PM to 10PM) and I have nothing better to do then blog. Also, I usually blog for the week at one time. I load pictures and then schedule them throughout the week.

Troop 50412 said...

Happy belated Birthday, I too knew your wedding song, and I listen the first and second time it was played.
My husband also plays WOW. Happy baking !